Since this blog was posted the Brazeau County has ended it’s the solar rebate. Visit our incentives page to see what incentives are available in your area.
Brazeau County is committed to helping its residents reduce energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Their Municipal Energy Efficiency Rebate Program will help residents receive great savings for qualifying home improvements.
Brazeau County Solar Rebate
- $0.75 per Watt (Up to a maximum amount of $10k)
- Only one application per landowner within the County as a whole
- Further applications may be considered in future program initiatives
- More details can be found here
Eligibility Criteria For Residential Projects
- An interconnection approval from the Wire Service Provider (WSP) signed on or after April 1, 2018
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) system must be grid connected in accordance with Alberta’s Micro-Generation Regulation (AR27/2008)
- The system must not be eligible for the Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP) or the Alberta Indigenous Solar Program
- Combined incentives from government programs must not exceed 100% of the eligible system cost
- Must own the property or have long-term rights to the property
- The system is designed and installed by a qualified installer (not self-installed) and system components meet the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) requirements for electrical safety or equivalent certification to applicable Canadian standards
If you are interested in installing a solar PV system for your home, farm or business, please contact us for a free consultation as soon as possible as we expect demand to be extremely high. Take advantage of these incentives and begin harnessing Brazeau County’s vast solar potential as soon as possible!