*Since this blog was posted there have been dramatic changes to Saskatchewan’s Net Metering Program. Please visit our incentives page for the most up to date information.
Due to the growing demand for renewable energy generation in Saskatchewan, SaskPower has decided to extend their Net Metering Program & Rebate till 2021 and has updated the program with better incentives! The revised Net Metering Program will add up to 16 MW of renewable and carbon-neutral electricity to the province’s grid and support SaskPower’s goal to reduce emissions by 40% by 2030.
What are the new updates to the SaskPower Net Metering Program?
- Participants will now have up to three years (instead of one) to use their banked kWh credits
- Contracts will now be for 10 years (instead of two years) with the option to renew for an additional 10 years
- The 20% rebate will now be offered as a flat rate of $0.61 per Watt so customers can be certain of their rebate amount before they begin their project
What about existing SaskPower Net Metering customers?
- Existing customers will now also have up to three years to use their banked kWh credits
- Existing customers will be transitioned from their existing two-year contracts to the new 10-year agreements which include the option to renew for an additional 10 years
- SaskPower will follow up with a letter to existing customers clarifying these program changes
The Net Metering Program has been approved to November 30, 2021, or until it reaches the 16 MW cap, whichever comes first.
If you are interested in installing a solar PV system for your home, farm or business, please contact us for a free consultation as soon as possible as we expect demand to be extremely high. Take advantage of these incentives and begin harnessing Saskatchewan’s world-class solar potential as soon as possible!
A solar specialist will contact you upon receipt of your request.
For more information about SaskPower’s Net-Metering Rebate, click here.