As an organization, SkyFire strives to keep our finger on the pulse of the industry and always looking for new opportunities for existing and prospective customers. Following the Government of Canada’s announcement in May 2019, we are excited to inform you that the Federal Government is now accepting applications from eligible Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) to receive funding for energy savings projects which qualify under this sub-stream of the Climate Action Incentive Fund (CAIF). This new program will help companies reduce their energy costs and take action to reduce pollution.
Great news – Solar PV and stand-alone storage systems are eligible within the program! The CAIF program is available to applicants in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick (the four provinces where the federal government carbon-pollution pricing currently applies).
Application period and process:
- 90 days starting July 17, 2019, or until funding exhausted
- Application Guide and Form can be found here
Eligible recipients in SK, MN, ON & NB:
- Small-sized incorporated enterprises of 1-99 employees
- Medium-sized incorporated enterprises of 100-499 employees
Eligible rebate amount:
- Up to 25% of project’s total eligible costs
- $20,000 CAD – $250,000 CAD per project and per recipient
- A $250,000 CAD funding cap will apply to the group of applicant franchisees who operate under the same franchise trade name in each eligible province
For Saskatchewan, in particular, the province could see up to $295 million over 5 years going to small and medium enterprises. This is excellent news for those running a business in Saskatchewan who are interested in reducing operating costs in the mid to longer term, reducing their Greenhouse Gas emissions immediately, or perhaps looking to market themselves as a progressive organization to their customers.
If you own a small or medium business in Saskatchewan, be sure to contact us to find out if solar PV is right for you and to find out what other incentives are available (e.g. SaskPower Net Metering Rebate and Program).
Contact us at 1-877-593-4731 or by filling out our contact form.