It is with great excitement that SkyFire Energy announces our expansion into Saskatchewan! While SkyFire has serviced Saskatchewan for years from our Alberta locations installing projects such as the 90kW project in Carlyle, SK shown in the photo here, we are pleased to now have local staff to provide an even better experience to our clients. These efforts would not be possible without the help from our newest team members, Bill Hale and Will Ingenthron. As Saskatchewan locals, these fine gentlemen are eager to help SkyFire in their efforts towards leading the adoption of reliable solar power across Western Canada.
Meet Bill and Will – our new local staff in Saskatoon and Regina!
Bill Hale, Business Development Saskatoon
For the past decade, Bill has had a passion for renewable energy. In 2016, he finally switched directions in his career with a move into solar. Bill has been helping his Saskatchewan residential, agricultural and commercial clients go solar ever since. He dusted off his old texts and bought some new ones. Nothing like some calculations to get an engineer’s pulse up. Solar power is no longer the stuff of labs and pilot projects. It makes technical, economic and environmental sense. Bill will tell you this with passion, honesty and clarity. He received a BASc degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Waterloo in 1986 and an MBA from University of Oxford in 2003.
Will Ingenthron, Business Development Regina
Born and raised in Regina, Will obtained his Industrial Systems Engineering degree from the U of R. Since 2008, Will has been involved in the development of solar and wind power projects within Western Canada, totaling close to 1 GW of capacity. Implementing proven renewable technology in an economically sound manner is a passion for Will. After 5 years of working as a consultant in the power industry, he is excited to now be focusing his efforts advancing solar economically for the people in his hometown region of Saskatchewan with SkyFire.
For those of you wondering why we are broadening our reach to Saskatchewan, allow us to explain our decision.
Reasons to enter the Saskatchewan market:
- SkyFire Energy recognizes Saskatchewan as one of the Canada’s best solar regions with a good regime for grid-tied solar PV via Net-Metering
- SaskPower’s Net-Metering Rebate program provides home-owners, businesses and farms with excellent incentive to make the switch to solar
- Due to Saskatchewan’s high electricity prices, installing solar will help consumers to cut back on their energy expenses
- Saskatchewan has a carbon-intensive grid – solar PV installations here provide a significant opportunity for consumers to reduce their carbon footprint
- SaskPower’s pricing regime offers customers stable and predictable pricing, which can be used to reliably predict return on investment and years to payback for a solar PV system
- The economic returns for solar electric system owners in Saskatchewan is among, if not the best in Canada given a myriad of factors
- The extensive history in Saskatchewan with agriculture and the cooperative model is consistent with what SkyFire offers our customers. As Canada’s only member of the Amicus Solar Cooperative, we believe strongly in cooperative values
- You’re eligible for a one-time rebate until Nov. 30, 2018 (equivalent to 20 per cent of equipment and installation costs to a maximum payment of $20,000);
- SaskPower credits your excess power at the same rate you purchase power;
- Any unused power is banked as a credit in your SaskPower account up to one year; and
- Your power credits are maximized to the type of energy technology you choose.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Residents, farms and businesses with the ability of generating up to 100 kW (dc) capacity.
For more information on SaskPower’s Net-Metering Rebate, click here.
Don’t miss out on this amazing solar incentive! To start harvesting the power of the sun, fill out this form for a free assessment!